What to Expect with Your International Residential Move
International moves have a tendency to be punishing. Make no mistake, we have ways to navigate the difficulties, seeing as how we’ve taken people all around the globe in the time we’ve been in business. Regardless of whether you’re heading out from Tulsa to London or Paris or Stuttgart or Rome or Bombay or Bangkok or Beijing or Brisbane – or from anywhere stateside to anywhere else – we’ll make sure your household gets where it’s got to go. We take total responsibility for your international move during …
The Moving Process
These are the steps you can rely on us taking:
FREE Ballpark Pricing
With an international move, especially, you’ll surely feel you need to be advised quickly on what you’ll have to shell out for such a move. Ring us up. Speak with us. Inform us where you’re going, when you want or need to go, and what sort of a move you’d want us to manage for you. Based on our long experience with global moving, we’ll present you with a free ballpark estimate. This might or might not be the final price. Additional talks with you will help resolve that. But at least you’ll have a fair idea of what to expect, budget-wise, in advance of signing on with us.
The Home Survey
To achieve a final, accurate estimate of your move’s cost, we’re obligated to take stock of the items you’ll be shipping. We give you two options for taking care of this:
- A A-1 Freeman Moving Group estimator visits your home to consult with you on numerous elements of your move, do a walk-through of your home, and take that inventory of your possessions.
- By means of your mobile phone, you link directly with our estimator and do your own home walk-through, recording a video inventory of what you need shipped.
The Written Estimate
Having first met with you and reviewed your Home Survey results, we’re ready deliver a more detailed, written estimate of what you’ll pay for your international move. It comprises everything relating to your move, including which moving services of ours you’ve selected.
The Customer Agreement
This is your move contract, which sets locations, move dates and times, the moving services you’ve opted, safety and insurance provisions, the price, and other details. Signing it attests that you consent to our terms and pricing and lets us book your relocation.
The Move Plan
To make sure you have an international move that’s smooth, safe, and headache-free, we give you a Move Concierge – your very own, dedicated representative and counselor. He or she will assist you in planning the various details of your move. In your initial discussion, your Move Concierge will …
- affirm your move dates,
- establish the addresses involved locally and in the country to which you’re relocating,
- confirm which of our services you’ll be opting,
- provide preliminary instruction in what’s likely in store for you during your move, and
- answer your questions.
From here on, your Move Concierge is your A-1 Freeman Moving Group “one point of contact.” You can count on him or her being fully conversant with the complications that can arise in an international move and instructing you appropriately – especially on customs laws from one country to another. As well as divulging vital information on your particular destination country, he or she also can help you with ...
- automobile titles, and
- all other required international paperwork.
Then, as the move proceeds, your Move Concierge will keep you well informed of what’s going on.
The Pre-Move Confirmation
As your move date advances, we’ll email or call you to affirm that you’re still okay with proceeding as prescribed by the plan. We’ll affirm dates, times, locations, and every other detail regarding your settling in another country.
Our packing options are offered to more properly suit your needs and budget.
- Opt to pack everything yourself; if you prefer, we’ll send you the packing materials.
- Choose to let our crew provide backup packing assistance. Or
- Opt to start out packing yourself and permit us to help you by packing specialty items.
Whatever way you’d like your packing discharged, you can be confident we understand foreign customs laws and will make sure that your shipments follow them explicitly. That includes insuring packed belongings are loaded into the correct overseas shipping containers, as applicable.
When the truck and crew pull up at your stateside home, they’ll introduce themselves and carry out a walk-through, getting familiar with your room layout and the furnishings and personal effects you’re relocating.
Next, they’ll take steps to safeguard your home during the process of moving you out. They’ll pad stair rails, sharp corners, doors and jambs. And they’ll place carpet covers to keep floors dirt- and damage-free .
In loading your possessions onto the truck, our crew will see that moving boxes are marked and catalogued by room to aid in their placement in your new home.
Beds, entertainment centers, swing sets and whatever else has to be disassembled will be carefully broken down by our crew at this time.
Finally, our crew conducts quality checks and stays in close communication with your Move Concierge all through the loading process.
When we get your shipment safely to your new home in your destination country, our crews take great pains to get it unloaded safely. Included in our destination-country delivery services are …
- employing protection pads and carpet covers to ensure that your new home remains unsoiled and undamaged while the move-in is underway,
- systematic unloading – setting your possessions into the rooms you direct us to put them in,
- putting back together those things that were broken down for the move,
- unpacking – just let us know; we’ll handle it, and
- debris removal – where, if you want, we’ll dispose of all the empty moving boxes and materials when the unpacking is done.
The Post-Move Follow-up
At the end of your international move, your Move Concierge will call you to ...
- analyze it with you,
- examine how accurately we performed the services you opted for
- discuss any lingering matters, and
- THANK YOU for hiring A-1 Freeman Moving Group!
Read what others have said about us
Request a free quote