Moving? This Is How You Make Your Move Smoother
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
For moving day, the last thing you desire is for everything to go wrong. Here are several suggestions on what you can do ahead of time to help make sure your move proceeds as smoothly as possible.
Seven Items to Think About on Moving Day to Make It Go Smoother
- Be sure someone will be present: Either you or maybe a trusted and responsible adult needs to be on site for the duration of the move to sign moving company paperwork and supervise the move. This can help avoid any confusion or miscommunication between you and the professional movers in Tulsa. The movers will likely also welcome having someone on hand to answer any questions and give directions.
- Clear the way: Make sure there is an unobstructed walkway heading to the front door so that the moving team might straightforwardly carry boxes and home furnishings in and out. And, get rid of all tripping hazards both in and out of the house. This shall help avert any falls or issues.
- Review the house: Soon after the professional movers in Tulsa arrive, walk about the residence with them and indicate all belongings of special importance or items that shall not be put on the moving vehicle. If you have any valuable things you will take with in your vehicle on the move, make sure they're packed up and ready to go. This includes items such as jewelry, important documents, and family heirlooms. This will ensure that these items are safe and sound and also that nothing is left. Once the professional movers in Tulsa have completed loading the moving van, do another walkthrough of the residence to ensure all items have been accounted for.
- Formulate a plan: Having a general plan which includes where you want things to go in your new residence will make the moving process much more simple. Be sure to label each box with its contents and the room it need to be put in so the movers will be able to easily set all the things in their right spot. On moving day, you'll want to have a few items on hand, for example snacks, bottles of water, toiletries, and also a change of clothes. Think about putting together a moving day survival kit. Put these items up in a bag or box in order to quickly locate them when you require them. Additionally, be sure you understand what needs to be done and when. Having a timeline will help keep things moving without issue.
- Think of a plan for kids and pets: In the event you have kids and/or domestic animals, it is important to have a plan for them on moving day. Make arrangements for someone to babysit them, so they won’t be in the way of the professional movers in Tulsa.
- Talk to your neighbors: In the event you have close neighbors, it is nice to let them know that there will be a moving truck parked on the street and also that there could be an amount of noise and activity during the day. This can help avoid any possible issues or inconvenience.
- Get moving permits: Depending on the city or homeowners' association, you could require a permit to park the moving truck in front of your home. Talk with your local authorities to find out if this is the case.
Need Help Getting Started?
Moving day is a busy and sometimes stressful time. However by using these suggestions, you can make the process less complicated – both for you and also your movers. A-1 Freeman Moving Group in Tulsa is here to help you each and every step of the way. We're America's leading moving company in Tulsa, with more than four decades of experience helping to move people smoothly and efficiently. Allow us take some of the chaos out of moving day for you – call us today!
Request a free quote