By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Will you be intending to move in the near future? If so, you may be overwhelmed, thinking of all the items you will need to pack. However not all you want to move to your new residence can or ought to be moved by your professional movers in Tulsa
. In other words, there are some things that you need to move on your own. Here are four of the primary kinds of items your moving company in Tulsa
can't move, together with some considerations and warnings and how we can help.
1. HARMFUL ITEMS
For basic safety reasons, movers have a list of unsafe items which they can't move. Chemicals reacting with other materials, for instance placing paint thinner and weed killer jointly on a moving truck can result in a catastrophic result.
Some of the unsafe items that should not be moved include those, including lighter fluid, fuel, propane cylinders, matches, paints, paint thinners, fireworks, oxygen bottles, house cleaners, pesticide sprays, fertilizers, weed killers, aerosol cans, swimming pool chemicals and even nail polish remover. Make sure to check with your moving company in Tulsa for a complete list.
Another item you ought not put in a moving vehicle is plants. In fact, there are some states with regulations, relating to certain houseplants that can or cannot traverse a state line. Although bugs as well as mites are certainly not an issue in certain areas, they're thought to be very dangerous in other states.
Additionally, the majority of moving companies don't want to move plants because insects which dwell in the dirt can easily spill into the moving truck. Even if your moving company consents to move your plants, they might not live, especially if you will be moving a long distance because plants require sun and also water. In case you don't have room in your automobile for your plants, why don't you give them away to your friends and neighbors.
3. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS AND FAMILY HEIRLOOMS
Even if your moving company says they are able to carry your precious valuables on their moving truck, it is still smart to keep your important paperwork and photos together with you. This is because these are things that cannot be simply replaced.
4. PERISHABLE FOODS
Professional movers in Tulsa typically pack the majority of canned food for you, but you should still consider if this is a good idea. Of course, perishable food items cannot be carried on a moving van. It is usually recommended that you get rid of your perishables in addition to foods in glass containers rather than transporting them with you.
You need to make room in your car for even more valuable belongings, and you don't want to have to worry about calamities from spills, cracks or mold prior to getting to your new residence. However boxed and/or canned goods, like herbs and dried fruits could be moved. For any questions about which food items that can or can't be moved, ask your moving agent.
· Make plans to take your household pets with you and go over any special requirements your furry friend might have with your vet.
· As for alcohol, take into account that state laws and regulations concerning alcohol may vary, so it is wise to not move your alcohol.
· Why not take advantage of grocery store delivery after reaching your new house. You can purchase via the internet for food, paper products, cleaning materials as well as other necessities.
· You could place your lawn mower on the moving truck, as long as you've drained the gas and oil tanks.
· Consider that it's likewise dangerous for you to move hazardous products in your vehicle. It's best to simply repurchase them when you get to your new house. In other words, do not take the potential risk of hauling them.
To make moving as easy as it can be, get in touch to schedule an appointment and find out more about the wide range of professional residential moving and corporate moving services.
Request a free quote