Moving Company Suggestions to Prevent Injuries While Moving
By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
- PHYSICALLY GET READY: No, you do not need to do sit-ups or run laps around the block. This hint encourages you to employ professional movers in Tulsa. Hiring a moving company means that you will have extra support from professionals, who specialize in packing, lifting, as well as time management. Professional movers in Tulsa should carefully pack your residence, disassemble household furniture, and securely wrap your super breakable items. Having local professional movers in Tulsa there on your moving day is an excellent way to avoid injuries. They can lift all the weighty things, leaving the easier items and simple clean-up to you.
- HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT: Using the correct moving equipment is one of the best ways to not have injuries on moving day. When contacting the moving company in Tulsa, be certain that they will be bringing equipment that will make the move safer, like an appliance dolly. Not only can this assist the moving team, but the equipment should also save you time, as stuff will be moved at a quicker clip.
- DON'T OVERPACK BOXES: Filling each and every space of your boxes could seem like a good idea, however packing them too heavy will make them harder to pick up, and places a strain on the legs, arms, as well as back. An injury can be hard to avoid when you pick up more weight than you can manage. It also makes the task more difficult for everyone who is assisting you to complete the move. Pack cartons properly, making certain the weight is evenly distributed, so that your professional movers in Tulsa can work quickly as well as efficiently on that day.
- LIFT WITH YOUR LEGS: This is a Moving 101 tip from any professional mover or moving company. 'Lift with your legs, not with your back' is a common lifting method and is a fantastic way to sidestep injury to your neck as well as spine. Sustain a wide base of support, by placing your feet shoulder-width apart and flat on the ground. Then, bend down into a squat so you are mostly utilizing your legs when you move upward. Lastly, keep your back straight, as well as breathe while you lift the item.
- KEEP ALL PATHWAYS AND WALKWAYS CLEAR: We know that this may appear like something elementary, many people are injured when tripping over smaller things on moving day. Sidestep a stubbed toe or perhaps chipped tooth from an unnecessary fall by keeping all paths free from clutter. When moving awkward items, it can be difficult to see anything that is in your path. Avoid any accidents by preplanning what is the easiest pathway when moving your things. If putting safety first, you minimize your chances that you will be injured.
Employing a local or long-distance moving company in Tulsa with professional movers is one of the best ways to save time and circumvent injuries while moving. Contact us today for a free quote.
Click below to get started with your Free Estimate.
Request a free quote