By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is usually one of the most stressful activities you have to do. It eats away at your free time, and while it most of the time works out in the end, it might result in some frustration along the way.
As a professional moving company in Tulsa, we've seen all types of moves, both smooth and also chaotic, and we have a few suggestions that might help you avoid the stress of moving.
· Acknowledge that the stress exists. Telling yourself that you aren’t stressed can make you additionally stressed. Stress can be typical and also natural, and working through it does require understanding it exists.
· Try to provide yourself sufficient time to complete your tasks. It takes a lot of people two days to pack up a studio or one bedroom, three to four day for packing two bedrooms, or five to six days for three bedrooms. In the event you own a bunch of belongings, then it might likely take even longer. When you need moving boxes, be sure to get them early and make a plan for if you run out. Check with your local moving company in Tulsa, as they could have used boxes available. You will want to also plan a day or two to clean the home you are departing.
· Have a plan. Figure out how you need to plan things for the ideal result. There are people who need a bunch of to-do lists, other people may attempt to locate a moving app for their cell. Create deadlines for every phase of the move and give yourself enough time that missing the deadline will not equate to a total meltdown. Also, think about what is going into which box. Label your cartons plainly as well as consistently, so you can explain the labeling system to the professional movers in Tulsa. Label everything that is delicate. Ponder for a moment what area belongings are going into in the new residence and label cartons accordingly. Most professional movers in Tulsa will willingly place everything marked "K" in the kitchen for you.
· Don't be afraid to ask for assistance or hire a moving company to assist. You never need to get everything done by yourself. Ask your friends and extended family for help. Hire professional movers in Tulsa for the heavy lifting, though, rather than banking on anyone's goodwill. If you’re super busy and can swing it, think about having the moving company in Tulsa to handle some or all the packing, as well.
· Be willing to let things go. Moving can be a great reason to take a hard look at things which have been existing in your residence a long time out of sheer apathy. Should you have a dilapidated piece of furniture, now may be the best time to get rid of it and buy a replacement after you move. Electronics that won’t turn on? Books you haven't read in a decade? Something you totally forgot you even had? Sell the things you can and donate everything else.
· Make sure to allow for downtime. Moving will take over your life. Many people discover they don't have time to get a decent amount of sleep throughout the move. Or they might not do anything but work, move, and worry about the move. Provide some leeway in your schedule so you have time to go out for dinner, take the kids to a movie, etc.
· If you are moving to a new neighborhood or a new city, be a tourist in the new town for a bit. Spend some time looking for diners you just must try and attractions you want to explore. Create a list of the restaurants and pick one that sounds really good, then plan to go there the day after you move when you do not have your kitchen unpacked yet.
Moving can be stressful, but these suggestions may help lessen the stress and turn it into an adventure. Remember that professional movers in Tulsa will help with as much or as little of the move as required, and your local mover in Tulsa can be a wonderful resource for all things from tips and tricks to moving supplies. Also, Don’t forget that this is a temporary circumstance and your life will return to normal in the near future.
Request a free quote