By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Local climate jealousy is a thing. Minnesotans envy Floridians any time there are three feet of snow on the ground, but Floridians rotate their interest north throughout the crazily scorching summer months.
In the event you recently migrated to Tulsa, the humidity and heat might smack you like a wall, especially during the summertime. Any jealousy you may be experiencing departs as the moving company unloads the final boxes from the moving van in Tulsa. The good news is, you can adapt to a warmer local climate. Unfortunately, it can take a little time, so you may need to hang in there and contend with it a little bit.
Here are a few steps to adjust to the heat and humidity after moving to Tulsa:
1. Alter your regimen. Steer clear of going out in the whole heat through the day and try to schedule tasks for the morning as well as evening hours. If you normally run in the afternoon, change it to early morning. Eating slightly later will allow you to manage the effects of the humidity on your desire for food. In the event your schedule permits, there's a rationale why people in take siestas.
2. Resist the temptation to turn the A/C all the way up to arctic ranges. It's going to only decrease your adaptation, not to mention running up your power bills. It's also possible to end up becoming too cool after you've been out of doors. Usually, it is best to set the A/C to about 10 degrees less than the exterior temp, no more. Also, do not ever run the A/C with the windows open, you are going to simply throw away energy.
3. In the event that you have access to a pool or perhaps the ocean, make use of it. Swimming will probably cool you off, when you remain in for not less than a quarter-hour. Do not spoil it by laying in the sun, though. Also, simply wading in the ocean can cool you down.
4. Yes, you'll want to drink much more, especially if you are older. Also, be sure you take in ample salt (except when you're explicitly on a reduced sodium diet). Perspiring will make you shed salt, and that could make you ill. Substantial concentrations of humidity could make you feel less dehydrated, whilst making sweating ineffective. You additionally may want to decrease your drinking alcohol until you are adapted, and in case you do drink, choose a beer or a tropical light drink above shots.
5. Don a hat. Obtain a good, wide-brimmed sun hat (or maybe more than one) and use them. Keeping the direct sun's rays from your face will make you feel considerably cooler. Also, counterintuitively, light long-sleeved clothes will regularly help you stay cooler than the usual tank top and shorts. Ensure everything you put on is loose fitting and light in color. Avoid performing exercises in tight spandex.
6. Be sure to keep eating frequently, even though you aren't hungry. High heat along with humidity can lead to appetite loss, and not consuming plenty will add to any lethargy you without a doubt feel.
7. Alter how you make meals. Save the extended cooking stews and also roasts for wintertime and cook recipes that cook for a small amount of time and make use of the cooktop as little as possible. Eat more salads and fruits. Keep frozen goodies or, in the event that calories are a concern, popsicles on hand. You may also freeze blueberries or cherries and then suck on them. If you're feeling focused, invest in an ice cream maker and try out different flavors.
8. You shouldn't feel bad about being slothful on those lengthy summer time days. Sometimes it really is simply too hot to move a lot.
Understand that it can take a few weeks to adjust. The first summer may well be unpleasant, however you may use the same cognitive tactics which got you through extended winters up north. When summer time appears once more you can find you manage it much better and you might well learn to like it.
If you are looking for a professional mover in Tulsa to assist with your move, give A-1 Freeman a call today!
Request a free quote