Professional Packing Services: What You Need to Know
We also receive lots of questions about professional packing and exactly what it comprises. You could be contemplating "Do I really need help with packing?" and if so, how much do you require, and how should you confirm it? We're happy to answer all your important questions about a professional packing service for your next move to Tulsa.
Do You Need Help with Packing?
Packing your home requires a great deal of time. Many people will need at a minimum two months of nights and weekends to get all their things boxed, labeled, and ready for the moving company in Tulsa. But, not everybody can handle their own packing - or finish all their packing when needed. In the event packing boxes isn’t something you can do, or in the event your crazy schedule has zero availability for packing, it is a good idea to reserve your packing service early.
People Who Often Require a Packing Service
If you think you could require a packing service, don't worry, you won’t be the only one. A lof of different types of people (and moves) require professional packing in order to make certain everything is finished on time, and we are able to provide that speedy bonus for your benefit. Here are some very common examples of people who frequently need all or some professional packing:
- Those Who Run Out of Time
- Parents of Small Children
- Professionals Who Aren’t Able to Take Time Off of Work
- Elderly and Disabled Clients
- People Who Don't Know How to Pack Delicate Items
- Those Who Have Already Relocated
How Long Does Professional Packing Take?
Packing up a residence generally requires between 3 and 12 hours, dependent on the size of your residence and how many things you have. As a rule of thumb, you can estimate that it might require about two hours for each room in your house or more for extra-large and extra-cluttered rooms. Remember the attic, garage, and basement, as well.
The ideal way to get an accurate quote on packing your residence is an in-home walkthrough. A quick in-person or video tour of your home can help the moving company in Tulsa to quickly estimate how many hours and people it should take to pack your residence within a couple days.
Complete vs Partial Packing Services
A total packing service is when professional movers in Tulsa pack up your whole residence including your kitchen, wardrobe, toiletries, office – all things. However, you can also inquire about a partial packing service. A number of people ask the moving company in Tulsa just to manage bulky furniture disassembly and wrapping to make sure it is done properly. Some ask their movers only to pack dishes and breakable items, because movers know how it's done and will have all the right materials.
Select packing services should make it possible to secure the best, most efficient method to get your home packed and moved by maximizing your own time and effort and the rapid expertise of your moving company in Tulsa.
What to Expect During Your Professional Packing
If you confirm a professional packing service, what should you expect? Professional packing normally requires between one and two days of work, most of the time scheduled back-to-back if the pack runs into a second day. Packers should start to gently box all your things based on their location.
- Packing One Room at a Time
- Professional packing normally tackles one room at a time, and each and every carton is labeled with both the contents and the room of origin. Packers will go shelf-by-shelf and section-by-section, packing boxes by item category (ex: clothes, books, electronics) so that rooms are simple to assemble while you unpack.
- Providing Oversight and Consultation
- During the packing process, you need to remain on site to give oversight and answer questions. Packers may ask you about broken things, categories, or what labels to utilize. They might have specific questions about how you would like them to pack certain belongings or rooms.
- If you can’t be personally there, keep your phone on hand to answer questions remotely, and you might need a proxy there in person.
- Expert Packing and Precise Labeling
- One of the greatest advantages of professional packing is that every carton can be a perfect fit. Years of experience and all the right materials mean that your team understands how to pack a carton so that it will stack safely in the moving van and unpack in order on arrival. They will also usually label your cartons so you should be able to locate specific items and rebuild rooms when you arrive.
- Stacking Boxes in an Out-of-the-Way Location
- The final step is stacking your cartons to prepare for the arrival of the moving van. You could ask the professional movers in Tulsa to leave cartons in the areas for which they were packed, or to pile all the boxes in the garage for speedy, efficient moving van loading when the time comes.
How Do You Prepare for a Packing?
How do you prepare when professional packers are coming over? You might make the day smoother and the packing more organized with some prep.
- Finish All Dishes and Laundry
- Make sure you have clean dishes and folded or hung up laundry when you are asking your professional movers in Tulsa to pack up the kitchen and bedrooms.
- Return Items to Their Correct Rooms
- When the house is packed and unpacked, it will likely be completed by room. While you do not have to fully tidy up, putting belongings in their correct space is a good method to be certain they end up in the proper carton.
- Eat or Donate Pantry Goods
- Clean out your pantry one way or the other. Dare your family to think of pantry-emptying recipes and donate everything that is left. Apart from some spices and dry goods, there isn’t any need to pack and move food.
- Make a List of Specialty Items
- Finally, make a list of any belongings you are stressed about to discuss with your packing team.
Plan Your Professional Packing with A-1 Freeman Moving Group
If you have a big move coming up, you might not have the time or desire to do all the packing by yourself - and that will be perfectly alright. Full-service professional movers in Tulsa like A-1 Freeman Moving Group offers professional packing services. Contact us right away to consult on the packing services your move may require.
Request a free quote