By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
Moving is usually hectic. Very often in the hurry to get the professional movers in Tulsa
reserved, the boxes packed and figure out what you are moving and what you are getting rid of, you overlook some important things. To help keep you on course, here's a list of things to remember to do which will make your move to Tulsa smooth and uneventful.
1. Change Your Address. Officially enroll with the post office your change of address. The USPS will forward your mail for up to a year following your move. You can let the postal service know about your move about 30 days ahead of time. This should ensure that all your finalized invoices, financial documents as well as other relevant mail is forwarded to your new home at the same time as when you and the professional movers in Tulsa arrive with your things. For those who have children attending school, let their school know your new address also in case you need their transcripts mailed to you. After you get to your destination, begin to alert each organization individually. Additionally, make sure you let friends and family know that you have moved.
2. Cancel Utilities and Home Services. Contact your utilities ahead of time and inform them the final billing/service time. This can include your phone, cable television, electric utility, water, yard care, cleaning companies, pest elimination, security alarm company along with other periodic services such as a dog sitter or even the Sunday newspaper delivery. Make certain and synchronize the cutoff day together with your moving company. You should not get the electricity, natural gas or water stopped ahead of moving day. In the event that you participate in an Home Owners Association, make certain they are aware of your final day of residency to protect yourself from any extra costs.
3. Update Your Insurance and Registration Details. For those who have an insurance agent, give them a call to notify them of your move. Including car, property, life and health insurance. Relocating to a new city or a new state can influence the rates you're paying thus be sure you accomplish that as soon as possible. Additionally, whilst updating your automobile insurance, make sure to update your automobile's registration.
4. Inform Your Workplace. If you are moving nearby, and not changing jobs, be sure to notify your company. They will need to revise their company files and, sometimes, in case you are moving over state lines, will probably need to modify payroll.
5. Clean up Your Old House. After the professional movers have left and just before you turn over the keys to your old home, be sure you thoroughly clean, or schedule a cleaning of, your old home. This should make certain that you will get back your security deposit if you're renting. If you are selling your residence, and your home is still available on the market, this is a necessity to help attract prospective buyers.
6. Change/Delete Passwords for Home Environment Systems. A lot of houses these days have smart technology set up which includes locks on entrance doors, heating and cooling, lighting, and alarm systems. Sometimes, you could have security password secured applications which you use to manage and keep an eye on these systems. In that case, be sure to supply the required information to the future property owner but then be sure you logout or delete all information pertaining to these systems.
7. Update Your Online Accounts. When you regularly buy items online, make sure to update your shipping address. This can be a fantastic possiblity to update your profile with your banking institution, medical professionals as well as any additional vendors you regularly deal with online.
8. Do a Walkthrough of Your New House. When you initially get to your new home, do a rapid walk through to help familiarize yourself with some of the significant features of the home. You ought to be prepared to promptly identify the smoke alarms, carbon monoxide sensors, the electric panel and sump pump--if there's one. Verify to be positive they are all in excellent condition.
The true secret to maintaining your cool when moving is to employ a plan. Utilizing checklists will assist you to keep organized and make sure that your move will be as easy as conceivable. Contact your local professional mover in Tulsa, A-1 Freeman Moving Group for further ideas on how to have a stress-free move.
Request a free quote