By Julie DeLong, A-1 Freeman Moving Group
It's no wonder that summer is the most popular season for moving, since very few folks wish to brave chilly winter season weather or (for those with school-age kids) manage the tension of moving their family members in the middle of a school year.
Obviously, this means that there will be difficulties that you'll have to get over to make your move a success. Even so, with a bit of forethought, planning, as well as a little aid from a professional moving company in Tulsa, everything is certain to work out in the end. Here are some do's and don'ts for moving to Tulsa over the summer:
· Plan and book your moving company in Tulsa as far beforehand as you can. Given that the summer time is peak moving season, you don't want to delay until the final minute to make preparations with your professional movers, because you might find that your preferred supplier is already reserved.
· Keep hydrated. Some people are unsuspectingly struggling with continual dehydration, and the summer high temperature merely makes matters worse. To prevent fatigue, muscle cramps, headache, as well as a lot of additional symptoms, be sure that you are taking in sufficient water. And if it is possible to spare a few water bottles for your professional movers, they shall be grateful for the hydration as well, trust us.
· Shield your skin from damaging UV rays. Use plenty of sunscreen and/or a wide-brimmed hat to shield your body from the sunburn along with other concerns that come from too much exposure to UV radiation.
· Begin the move early in the day. If possible, pack and load the weightier things ahead of when the sun comes out in full force, it will make you and your moving company team much more at ease during the entire remainder of the loading process.
· Make certain spoilable things are kept in a cool location. Whether it is food items or maybe goods that could expeience deterioration from extented exposure to heat, be sure that you have a plan when it comes to keeping perishable products cool.
· Expect to spend more. Unfortunately, summertime's popularity for moving generally signifies that you'll find yourself paying a little bit more for the very same offerings than you will during other times of the year.
· Delay the switch of your utilities. The very last thing you need will be to arrive at your new residence only to discover that it's 90 degrees out of doors and there isn't any air conditioning.
· Fail to take extra precautions with the youngsters and/or pets. As stated previously, ensure your children are donning adequate sun block, and are outfitted adequately for warmer weather. Be aware of the hazards connected with heat exhaustion as well as heat stroke, and keep your kids and household pets well hydrated throughout the moving process.
· Underestimate the length of time the moving process requires. Far before moving day, you need to start the relocation process by packing up certain goods that you will not require for a time. You should investigate various moving companies in Tulsa, meet with the movers that you favor, after which, if you want to employ them, do so a few weeks beforehand.
It's true, summer moving has its particular eccentricities and also obstacles. Nevertheless, with adequate planning and also the aid of professional movers in Tulsa, such as the friendly professionals at the A-1 Freeman Moving Group, you'll be able to have a reasonably smooth and seamless transition as you begin a new part in your life. If you wish to find out more about how we may help, connect with us today.
Request a free quote