Tips for Moving to Tulsa in Icy Conditions
1) Time the move carefully
Do your very best to plan your move for lower-traffic days of the week. This plan may help you avoid accidents on snow-covered highways and spend less time driving back and forth to your moving destination. Generally, Mondays are the best days to drive in the United States whilst Fridays are classified as the worst.
2) Address your walkways and driveways
Over one million persons are wounded annually as a consequence of slipping and falls. During winter months, these particular accidents rise significantly. You'll be able to help prevent slips and falls by coating your sidewalks and driveways utilizing ice melt or perhaps a snow melt mat. Before applying salt or a snow melt mat, use a leaf blower so that you can blow away any top sheets of snow.
3) Stock your moving vans with an emergency kit
Storing an urgent care kit within your automobile is a good safety measure, specially when winter weather is predicted. The usual automobile emergency kit usually includes a compact emergency first aid kit, protective equipment, plus a modest supply of food and water.
4) Look at your moving vans prior to leaving
Properly looking after your moving trucks is important to making sure that you arrive at your new residence safely. Before leaving, make sure you check your fuel, oil, and windshield washer fluid quantities to ensure you have ample fluids. Additionally, look at your tire pressure to make sure the tires are correctly filled with air. Over the winter time, it's a good idea for the tires to be 3-5 PSI above average to take into account sluggish reaction times.
5) Practice safe winter time driving tactics
Whenever operating a moving van on slippery highways, you should exercise careful attention. Here are a few guidelines to help you properly traverse the roads to your new house:
• Decrease your speed: Virtually all motor vehicle safety organizations refer to speed reduction one of the best approaches to steer clear of incidents.
• Do not tailgate: Increasing the space between you and the vehicle in front of you to 8 to 10 seconds may help eliminate accidents
• Don't utilize cruise control: Making use of cruise control on slippery surfaces may cause your vehicle to lose contact with the road
• Keep away from difficult inclines: Snowy or icy hills could cause moving trucks to lose grip and slip backward, resulting in accidents
Needless to say, if you've hired professional movers to be of assistance, they'll manage maneuvering the moving van over the snow and icy roadways, and you'll just need to get yourself and family to your new residence safely.
6) Don't attempt to move during a winter weather advisory
A mild dusting of snow and isolated areas of ice are one thing. But a winter weather alert ought to be given serious attention. If a wintry weather warning is issued in your area, do not dismiss it. Reschedule your move to a different time when weather conditions are supposed to get better.
What's the most beneficial path to moving to Tulsa safely at the time of icy weather conditions?
By simply following the information previously mentioned, you can actually help cultivate safer moving circumstances. Nonetheless, the single best path to a good move in wintry weather conditions is to seek the expertise of a dependable moving company. The moving professionals with A-1 Freeman Moving Group have aided homeowners as well as companies move to Tulsa efficiently during wintertime weather for decades. Whether you are preparing for a long-distance move or a local one, we will help make sure you as well as your belongings arrive unharmed at your new home. We encourage you to contact us today for a cost-free estimate. We look forward to talking with you!
Request a free quote